While I'm not launching an election campaign, sometimes it's useful to remind yourself what you stand for.
Here's what I stand for.
Appearance is not everything
- There's nothing wrong with aspiring to bring your A-game and putting in the work to help you get where you want to be.
- Looking good in a mirror doesn't necessarily make you interesting or fun to be around.
- Bodies of all shapes, sizes, and ages can be sexy.
Equality is a given
- The logic of 'Equality' in every sense is so undeniably self-evident that anything that stands in the way of equality should be ridiculed.
- Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean you have to exercise that right.
- Marriage equality carries no moral worth. If you want to get married, that's cool. If you don't want to get married, that's also cool. Wearing a ring on your finger doesn't make you better than anyone else.
So bad it's good
- Life is too short for bad food.
- Bad underwear can be a deal-breaker.
- Bad sex is sometimes worse than no sex, but not always. Nothing beats good sex.
- There is a place in the world for bad movies.
It's up to you
- Sometimes you get lucky, but generally have to work your arse off to get where you want to be and to achieve your goals.
- No one cares about your career, your passions, or your relationships as much as you do. Don't rely on other people to sort things out for you, take charge and go after what you want.
Make your own rules
- Relationships, like families, only ever make sense to the people that are part of them.
- Don't feel restricted by what you think is expected of you.
- What other people think of you is generally irrelevant.