Handy to have in the cupboard.
- 4 aubergine
- Garlic - about 8 cloves
- White vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Cumin - about 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chilli
- Slice the aubergine into thick slices
- Salt the sliced aubergine to remove extra liquid, then rinse and drain well.
- Make the pickling liquid by combining the garlic, vinegar, and cumin.
- Fry the aubergine in oil (an alternative method is to grill the aubergine)
- Drain the oil from the cooked aubergine and then place into the pickling liquid.
- You can fry the green chilli whole with the aubergine, or add in fresh sliced chilli into the pickling liquid.
- Store in jars - add extra vinegar to ensure that the aubergines are completely covered.