These biscuits are easy to make and tasty to eat, but they are a bit basic. This recipe is a good base from which you can experiment with different flavour ingredients to make them more interesting.
The recipe is from the Food.com site.
- 115g butter
- 115g sugar
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 1tbsp milk
- 1tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 230g flour
- 1tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 120g sultana
- Place first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and melt together slowly.
- Add in the flour, salt, vanilla essence and sultanas.
- Mix well, then place teaspoonfuls rolled into balls, on a cold ungreased tray.
- Flatten gently with a fork and bake in a moderate oven 180'C for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.