This recipe is from the site Sweetest Menu.
- 115 grams butter
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 210 grams plain flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk
Cinnamon sugar topping
- 20 grams (1 tablespoon) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Grease and line a cake tin - a 20cm round tin, or something close to it will work.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until pale and creamy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat briefly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add half of the flour mixture, along with all the milk and slowly mix together on a low speed. Add the remaining flour mix and continue to mix until cake batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour cake batter into your prepared tin and bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is still warm, generously brush with melted butter and then sprinkle over cinnamon and sugar.