These are easy to make and store well.
Generally associated with 25 April which is when ANZAC Day is celebrated.
- 60g butter
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (45g)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (50g)
- 1/2 plain flour (68g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (100g)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Heat the butter and syrup in a saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted, then add the water and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pour the warm butter mixture over and stir to combine.
- Line 1 large or 2 small baking trays with baking paper. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on the tray about 5cm apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave the biscuits on the tray for a further 5 minutes, then allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.